A major Highways and Civil engineering contractor are seeking a strong Commercially Aware Senior Quantity Surveyor with previous Highways / Rail experience. You will be Managing major packages as part of the commercial aspects of the Contract which is valued at about £30-40 million per annum.
Key duties & responsibilities:
• Check subcontract requisitions and quotations for scope coverage,
• Produce monthly subcontract Payment Certificates for approval and issue.
• Assess and agree subcontractors’ Applications for Payment.
• Liaise with Operational Managers and Site Supervisors on a regular basis regarding Early Warnings, Compensation Events and other site requirements.
• Attend site meetings and visit depots as required
• Produce NEC3 contracts for subcontract works and Professional Service Contracts for consultants.
• Maintain accurate cost and value records for each maintenance activity and scheme
• Forecast subcontract Final Accounts on a monthly basis
• Prepare subcontract final accounts
• Support the Commercial QS’s in keeping the subcontract approvals register up to date.
• Ensure applications for payment are maximised and submitted on time
If you are interested in the vacancy, then please send an updated CV or call us on 0118 987 4557