Senior Quantity Surveyor / Civils / Permanent / Main Contractor
Kennet Solutions are recruiting for experienced Quantity Surveyors to join a Tier One, specialist Engineering and Construction main contractor. They have recently been awarded one of three major rail contracts. The multi-discipline framework will deliver projects of varying value, including stations, buildings and civils, electrifications, power, signalling, telecommunications and track. This is initially in place for a five-year period but has the option of three one-year extensions if required.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Encourage and develop a culture of commercial awareness within the team
• Ensure the site team adheres to group procedures and governance
• Development, motivation & performance management of junior staff
• Delegation of appropriate work to junior staff, whilst maintaining accountability
• Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
• Preparation of Valuations / Applications for Payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
• Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
• Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
• Administration of subcontractor / supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
• Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
• Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
• Utilise the costing system.
• Assist in cost control / cost mitigation.
• Use the cost allocation / coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements.
• Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
If you feel you are interested and would like further information then please call us on 0118 466 0920 or e-mail an updated CV to email@example.com