Kennet Solutions have a fantastic vacancy for an Assistant / QS level candidate. Our client is a Major Utility service provider operating in multi-utilities project within Power, Rail, Construction, Telecoms and Building services. They work as a major partner to companies such as Brookfield Multiplex, Verizon and Mitie as well as working direct with key end clients including British Land, UK Power Networks, Network Rail and London Underground.
To be considered for the vacancy you must have a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience, preferably within the Highways / Utilities or other Civils sectors, this is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a contractor that operates within multi-sector’s.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Read drawings from take-off’s to assess variations. (Already have design team who create the drawings)
- Reviewing and submitting Monthly applications, CVR’s.
- Sub-contractor payments / management.(They currently have 3-4 sub-contractors)
- Notifying clients of any issues
- Assessing variations
- Using the JCT D&B contract
- Excellent time management - critical.
Relaxed, smaller company environment – they have adopted flexi work. So if you wanted to leave earlier you can do as long as you make the hours up. Also you don’t have to take time off work.
There are occasions where you can work from home as well