Project Quantity Surveyor / Civil-Engineering / Rail / Permanent
Kennet Solutions are seeking an experienced Project Quantity Surveyor with a minimum of 7-years of experience within the Civil engineering/Construction sector.
They are looking for a Project QS who would be able to manage a new £11m project based in Essex. They have the ability to deliver a wide range of integrated and sustainable solutions for clients who include Network Rail, HS1/HS2, train operating companies and multi-national Tier-1 contractors within both the rail and construction sectors – with an ever-growing order book
Typical duties include:
- Strong NEC and all-round commercial understanding/ Contract knowledge
- Commercial Reporting
- Manage the sub-contract tender process, ensure that each sub-contractor’s account is managed in accordance with their terms and conditions.
- Manage the subcontractors purchase order process including procurement, and payments/invoice/applications etc
- Prepare monthly cost reports for the section including the management and maintenance of the contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and up to date and tracked with tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and reported on.
- Manage and oversee submission of valuations and final accounts.
- Attend internal and external commercial meetings, provide solid commercial and cost advice at these meetings.
- Guide and advise staff in the section on contractual issues.
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure that the project objectives are met.
If you feel you are interested and would like further information then please call us or e-mail an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org