Kennet Solutions are currently seeking a Project Quantity Surveyor to run a £45m care home project based in Hampstead. This Tier 1 main contractor are looking for someone to join their team who is seeking a new challenge or that next step in their career.
Duties and responsibilities of the role will be as follows:
- Experience of pre-start reviewing design, contract and cost plan allowances
- Attend design team meetings
- Attend and contribute to regular client project meetings
- Experience of preparing Bill of Quantities from drawings and specification from groundwork to finishes
- Preparing and submitting tender packages
- Compiling of sub-contract orders
- Carrying out site measures and valuations against subcontractor applications, including issues of payment and withholding notices.
- Preparation of client applications and variation accounts
- Preparation and maintenance of procurement schedule and warranty tracker.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (preferred)
- Experience of working on large projects for the education and commercial sectors
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills.
- Confident in problem solving, decision making and able to work under pressure.
- A pro-active team player.
- The knowledge and confidence to manage, mentor and support more junior members of the team.
- Skilled in gathering information and report writing.
They offer a competitive salary and benefits package including company car or car allowance, 25 days’ holiday per year, membership of our group personal pension scheme, as well as entry into their Private Medical insurance scheme.
If you would like to know more then please call the office on 01189 874 557